Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Heart Of Amanda Rose Brasgot: Chapter 2

The Heart Of Amanda Rose Brasgot: Chapter 2

Chapter 2
Amanda's Dress
Amanda woke up in the morning to the sunlight streaming through her curtains! She yawned and settled more comfortably down in her pillows.  Her maid LuLu came into the room.  She was a tiny girl of 24 years and very sweet! LuLu walked over to the bed, and nudging her said “Come on, Miss Amanda, get up or I will not help you with your hair.” Amanda gasped and sprung out of bed saying “Oh dear! “That mustn’t happen for even through I know how to do my hair, it is such a bother at times!” Quickly she sorted through her wardrobe of clothes and finally located a plain pale pink gown which she hurriedly put on and soon was seated at the mirror where LuLu waited and started piling her hair on her head, sticking pins in where ever she saw fit.  Amanda squirmed and howled as she was poked by a sharp pin.
Finally Amanda escaped downstairs to get breakfast. Thankfully it was a weekday so there were not family meals that day and she would not have to suffer through another boring talk! She trotted into the dining room where she found her Grandmere talking to the cook.  Seeing Amanda she walked over and said “Good morning darling, I hope you had a good sleep ....and the most wonderful news has come this morning!” She paused and Amanda said “Please Grandmere tell me!” Grandmere laughed and said “Beatrice and her family are coming back from New York and will arrive at lunch time.”  Amanda almost jumped for joy but knew Grandmere would not approve so she smiled, and hugging her Grandmere said, “Thank you Grandmere. I haven’t seen my cousins in 2 months.” and then trotted down to the kitchen where she asked for her breakfast.  She soon was sitting comfortably on the veranda eating eggs, bacon, biscuit  and orange juice, watching the lane where Beatrice's carriage would come.
Beatrice (I might change her later on)
Amanda ran down the stairway hoping her Mother wouldn’t she her.  She ran to the front door and down the front steps to where her Cousin Beatrize stood smiling as happy as ever.  The two girls embraced in a tight hug.  Beatriz finally let go and stood back and said in her usual humorous tone, “My dear Cousin you have grown prettier then ever!  Now who do I know that wants to marry?!”  Amanda laughed and said “Oh how I missed you Beatriz.  We will have such fun this summer!” Just then Beatriz’s twin brother Wesley came up beside her and said “Amanda, how is my beautifulest cousin?”  They both hugged and he added, poking Beatriz in  the ribs, “You will let me have fun with Amanda and not hoard her all to yourself, eh?” Beatriz, who was always annoyed with her brother said, “No, seeing as I have good manners, but I will not let you take her on adventures without me seeing as she is my best friend and you have no right.”  Thankfully Amanda’s Aunt Gloria stepped out of the carriage and put an end to their squabble.
Aunt Gloria
After promising Wesley a game of crochet on the lawn, Amanda  followed Beatriz up to her room to help her unpack.  Amanda was amazed when Beatriz led her to a room across the hall from Amanda’s.  When seeing Amanda’s shocked face, she said “I told Mother I would not eat cream cakes for a whole week if she would ask Grandmere for a room next to yours.” Beatriz said this with great pride in her voice, as everyone knew of Beatriz’s love for sweets and food, and though having a beautiful face, she was a little plump...a fact which her mother tried to hide to no end.   Amanda laughed and said “I don’t now how you and your mother have such a good relationship when your mother keeps trying to make you stop eating or stick you in a tight corset.  Why you are always bargaining to stop eating or wear a corset for the things you want” Beatriz laughed and said “We have an understanding, but let’s not talk about this.  What about you?” Amanda sighed and said “Oh everything is the same.” Beatriz sighed and put a comforting arm around Amanda saying, “Well that’s why you have me...and that family of yours doesn’t know what they are missing out on.”  Amanda smiled and said, “Yes, you’re right. I only wish Abigail and Isabelle could come.”  Beatriz clapped her hands together and said, “Oh just like old times!” Then sobering, she sat down and thought a moment, and after Amanda questioned her she said, “Maybe we could invite them!” I know how much the sisters love my mother” Amanda said. “Yes, But they live an hour and a half away and it is such a hard time packing for a 2 day visit or less. “Ahhh” interrupted Beatriz, “That’s why they will stay a whole month if need be, and if their mothers want to leave they can... and leave Abigail & Isabelle to us!” Amanda thought and said “It might work.  We will ask Grandmere and your mother tonight.”  Then linking arms the two girls trotted downstairs to the back lawn to help the nannies with the small children and play a few games of crochet.


 To be continued. Tell me what you think!

OH! I updated the first chapter so Go check it out HERE
















No comments: